Friday, July 10, 2009

Prayer Night

Most the church has come and gone,
There only remains a special few.

Pacing the aisles of the sactuary,
Hearts offering praises to you.


For all you've done.

All your doing...

and what you intend to do.

It's the intimacy of your presence,
That keeps us in this place.

It's so real, it's so evident,
Your love radiates from every face.


With my lips I simply pray,
"Lord, I can just feel you right now."

I want this everyday,
Sweet Lord Jesus, show me how.


A small whisper breaks the silence,
One that's spoken in my ear.

Is that you God, Abba Father?
Is that your voice that I hear?


"I don't want you to just 'feel' me,
I want you to be FILLED with me."

I'm humbled here, I'm broken,
I was blinded, now I see.


I was seeking comfort,
I desperately wanted the affection

It was done in a wrong manner,
Wasn't expecting God's correction.


I am thankful now, I know,
If I TRULY want the passion,


I've gotta come with a pure heart,
It wont come in a vain fashion.

2009 Demesha Wright

2 comments:

  1. Very insightful and inspiring too me. I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings too you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  2. good read girl.luv your passion for jesus..and addiction for God's kingdom.

    visit www.thepimpshow-tot.blogspot.com and lets inspire eachother.stay blessed now n always.

    ReplyDelete